- The heroes look at the carnage aftermath of their fight with the devils
- one must be careful when fighting devils, not to become devils yourselves… the heroes resisted the temptation of using the escalation die
- will we be so lucky as we delve deeper?
- Dwarves have delved deep in the past in search of riches, but sometimes they unearth disaster and old evils that would best have laid dormant
- Puki gives thought to this…. is he susceptible to this as well?
- Each of the ehroes are faced with visions of their own personal ambitions
- Idris, Puki & Nidalru gets a sense of what is happening
- Idris is almost incited that his personal thought are being used against him
- Puki knows
- Merian and Legoin are not so lucky, they’ve drawn something out about this – something about this you want even more than you thought you did
- the thought of doing anything for it… whoever this is… maybe if they could help make this happen… would your friends’ lives be worth it?
- Muradin Tuderk – blacksmith served the Dwarf King for many, many years (centuries) – some even say his skill might rival that of the Dwarf King himself
- “So you made it… how lovely…” now for your reward… the first one to come here and slit this dwarf’s throat will
- Legion: “What I want cannot be given” – oh but it can
- The heroes approach Muradin – legion is able to determine he is no devil in illusioned disguise
- Puki breaks free his shackles – he is
- I didn’t know or care what the dwarf king says – you’re a dwarf – you’re a dwarf… panting – everyone knows who ya are – the beardless one – but what most ppl believe is the reason why you’ve been banished – knows of us that knew – swore us to secrecy – but after what you and your friends have don where today – I’ll not be bound by that any longer
- THey said you been outcast for using your powers to heal an orc – i don’t know why you did it, but that’s not the reason why
- No matter why you did such a crazy thing – you just gave them the reason they been looking for – they been looking for a reason for a long time – they jumped at the chance – it’s wrong… it’s wrong I tell ya
- Can ya forgive me for going along with them?
- Puki: It is not your doing, therefore there are no issues between us.
- Muradin – wipes his tears with the back of his hand and says It’s obvious you’ve not been with dwarves for a long time – you’ve even forgotten how to hold a grudge
- Puki: THe grudge I hold is not for you
- Muradain: Shakes his head sadly, “It’s time this was taken care of – it’s time you confront ’em and demand to know why you were forced out. I’ll come with ya – whether you choose to stay or not – whether you want to wage war against king or not – you’ll do it because you’ll knot he truth – the truth about yourself – about who you are –
- Puki: That truth can wait – we have more important things to do at this point. I will ask one thing of you – we have the need to forge an incredible weapon – are you capable of doing this or do you know of a dwarf who can?
- A look of profound disappointment appears on his face – Lad – puts his hands up – the devils cut off the fingers above the first knuckle on all his fingers – I canna hold a smith’s instruments any more. OI wish I could do this for you – I wishing I could…. gain my life back – but I canna even hold a simple mallet in my hand
- Merian “Please, if there’s anything you can do, or is there anyone else like you, or if you could guide us to one that can?”
- *I’ll do what I can, lass, I … I’m in your debt… forever… you didn’t jus tsave my life – what they were planning to do… was worse than death – so whatever i can do.
- Merian bows in shame, “Thank you”.
- Nidalru: What were the devils doing here? What did they want?
- Muradin: They lured us down taking advantage of our desire to find treasures beneath the earth, shakes his head embarrassed that it’s that easy to trick a dwarf, “But they were waiting for us… what they were hoping to find or corrupt – they were looking for something that belonged to the golden one
- Idris: There’s something of that nature down here?
- Muradin: Not that we could find, and we looked… hard. I’m of an opinion that what they were looking for was on the surface, with you lot.
- Idris: can you tell under which section of Hildebrande we’re under right now?
Turns out that we’re not that far from the secret monastery to the great gold wyrm
- Puki: What of the others?
- Muradin shakes his head sadly…
- Idris: They’re all dead?
- Muradin: Aye – we put up a good fight – what you fought was what was left – less than half of what was here originally, I can tell you that.
- Puki: I still have you indebted to us to craft this weapon – your first task then, is to find a way to forge this for us… find a dwarven solution to forge this for us.
- This seems to ‘click’ for Murdan – and he nods, his eyes in thought as to how he might accomplish this, avoiding showing too much emotion
- Puki: We can escort you back to Hildebrande
- Muradin: I appreciate that – I haven’t been up top in quite a while – there is a priestess there that can help me.
- The heroes break the bad news to him
- Muradin looks dejected and says, “Ach.. never trust a hum….” but he stops sohrt.
- Merian: There are tricksters among all the races…
As the heroes return to the surface, they bring Muradin with them
Condon is talking with a hooded woman who exchange glances and then seem to indicate they want their attention.
her shoulders hunched, Condon sees us – he has a look of “Yah they’re here now, they’ll handle it.:”
She draws back her hood – it’s Casila Artalin!
Casila – I know… I was supposed to be staying in Eldolan… she shakin… Condon pours her a whisky and she gulps it down – she looks at him and he nods as if to say you’re welcome – She continued “But there were orcs there… they were hidden… and goblins… I got followed one night, and I managed to lose them – I saw them waiting AT the mission the next day! They KNOW I was there… they know I was there… I couldn’t risk anything happening at the mission, so I ran here. I went straight to the temple, and it’s… gone! So I didn’t know what to do, and that nice Gardener man – he found me and brought me here, so I’ve been hiding out here. They work for that orc bounty hunter, don’t they?
Merian: I wouldn’t place much stock in it…. we’ll have you safe… when this is all settled.
Casila: How is that going to happen? I don’t mean to say you’re not doing anything, but how is that going to be able to work again? How is that going to happen so I don’t have to look over my shoulder?
Merian: I appreciate that, but there are a number of things that have to happen before we can tell you that. I can’t give you a timetable
Casila: I don’t mean that… but is it even possible?
Heroes decide to take Casila with us when we go to Stoneroost in the morning
DICE USE – Legion Uses some of his life force to empower his minion to wrap itself around Nidalru like a cocoon and protect her body from rubble and the falling damage as she is swallowed by the Stone Thief.
crash down through the stone thief – none are nearly capable to grab on to the side – we go all the way down – orcs, and buildings, and where we end up… we’re not really sure.